Once termites invade your home, whether above ground or subterranean, pest control services are necessary. First, a technician will do an inspection followed by a plan of action using an applicable treatment to eliminate the intruding insects. What kills termites include options such as bait stations and liquid treatments specifically formulated to eliminate termites.
What are the Signs of Termites in Your Home?
Termites are small insects that are often misidentified as ants. When termites swarm in house, it's a clear sign males and female are on the lookout for a place to start a new colony. The burrowing bug causes considerable damage in the billions to homes each year due to eating available wood.
There are a few signs termites have infested your home. These include the following:
- Noise - place your ear next to an accessible beam or wall that has termites and you'll hear the termites eating away at your home.
- Termite swarms - during the spring you'll see evidence of flying termites by the discarded wings shed by the males and females.
- Door and window frames - if you have windows or doors that are difficult to open, it is usually attributed to moisture buildup but in some situations, it's due to the moisture created by termites when they eat.
- Termite droppings - aka as frass. Termites like a clean area to work in and move their droppings outside the tunnels in stacks that look like powdery sand.
- Other - termites swarm during the day and at night. Some are attracted to light sources and all termite species swarm after it rains.
Can You Treat for Termites Yourself?
How to get rid of termites naturally is an approach homeowners may consider once visual signs indicate termites in house are eating way 24.7. There are also over-the-counter how to get rid of termites home remedy solutions to consider. It should be noted that if termites are active in your home, it's best to contact a reputable pest control service. We recommend getting a free inspection from a local pest control specialist.
Clint Miller Exterminating offers free no obligation termite inspections.
The main reason is the technicians are experienced in the type of termites affecting your home, where to find them, and the best methods to eradicate them. Another reason for hiring a termite control service is the company has tried and true treatment methods. The third reason is if you're not taking the proper precautions to work with and/or handle the chemicals used in termite treatments, the results can be harmful to your health.
Things you can do to help keep termites from being attracted to your home keeping all landscaping away from the foundation, removing broken tree limbs from the yard, and if you have a fireplace, store the wood far away from your home, garage, or any outside shed where termites will start a colony.
Contact Clint Miller Exterminating
When eliminating termites in your home is the goal, the staff at Clint Miller Exterminating know how to get rid of termites in wall hiding spots as well as the subterranean species.
We have two treatment options. The first is a liquid defense solution known as TERMIDOR, which has been in use, successfully, since 2000. The other treatment is SENTRICON, which is a bait solution with a substance designed to eliminate termites.
Whether you make a call to the company or fill out the online form, you'll have access to knowledgeable, professional, and friendly technicians who provide excellent service.